SchermCo – Director, Workforce Development
Want to learn more about this role? Read the job description below and click here to learn about frequently asked questions.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to serve as a Director for our Workforce Development division. This person will lead and support 1-3 of our workforce development accounts, including non-profits, government agencies, and social-impact organizations. This is a full-time position with our growing team and organization. Please read below and apply if you align with our values and passion for supporting social-impact organizations nationwide.
The ideal candidate:
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial.
- Ability to work with and support stakeholders from for-profit, non-profit, and municipalities that are focused on workforce development.
- Ability to communicate professionally.
- Ability to submit work in a timely fashion and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable engaging in conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Humble, Hungry, and Smart approach to work.
- Must have access to a computer/smartphone.
- A personable, fun, and upbeat character is a must.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and adaptive to the ever-changing needs and demands of client service work.
- Communicate clearly and be receptive to frequent feedback.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Google Programs: Google Sheets, Google Forms, Google Drive, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Fun work environment focused on building more equitable communities and organizations.
- Innovative compensation and bonus package.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO).
- Ability to serve stakeholders in the social-impact space.
- Opportunities for continuing education, networking, and professional growth/development.
- Opportunities to explore each facet of the business, build new technical skills, and build knowledge of the national social-impact and philanthropy landscapes.
- Ability to create a body of work and drive growth within an organization that is focused on implementing change in public education, workforce development, and social-impact spaces.
- We are laser-focused on getting the job done, but we also approach our work with large amounts of humility.
- The primary responsibility for this role will be to lead a workforce development initiative in partnership with our clients and a cohort of non-profits
- Facilitate learning sessions with our clients and the designated cohort of non-profits
- Create essential resources and deliverables based on the needs of partners
- Conduct research and market-based conversations to support the needs of partners
- Provide data analysis support for project-related needs
- Document key learnings, processes, and data for each project
- Lead business development efforts to ensure sustainability for the Workforce Development division
- Contribute creative input and ideas in brainstorming sessions in an open and fun team environment. We are not a corporate office and do not operate as one. We want to hear your ideas and questions
- Participate in frequent check-ins with SchermCo team members to gauge progress and development
- Support additional projects and program support, as needed
- This is a full-time position with some evening/weekend responsibilities as needed for our clients
- Ideal candidates will be based in Charlotte, NC, but this position could be remote for the right team member
Experience / Results
- Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or additional degrees preferred but not a requirement
- Experience working directly with non-profits, government agencies, and social-impact organizations
- Experience with sales, project management, organization development, and change management preferred
- Regardless of years of experience, candidates should be able to display quantifiable evidence of results from previous positions
- The employee must be able to actively lift and or move up to 10 lbs. on occasion
- The projected base salary range is $70,000 – $85,000, with health, dental, and retirement benefits
- A highly-effective team member could earn $200,000+ in this role
- SchermCo offers a unique compensation and bonus package in addition to salaries + benefits, including uncapped monthly, quarterly, and annual bonus opportunities
Still interested in joining our team?