We are excited to bring you this episode of the #squarepizzapod. This week, Greg is in conversation with Fidel Vargas, President of the Hispanic Scholarship Fund. One fun fact about Fidel Vargas: In 1992, at age 23, Vargas was elected mayor of Baldwin Park, California becoming the youngest elected mayor in US history.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Centinela Capital Partners – investing and managing nearly $1B in minority owned funds
- Kobe Bryant and the Mamba Mentality
- The moment Fidel learned he was admitted to Harvard
- His team’s work supporting 20,000 HSF scholars
- HSF receiving a $30M grant to further their technology platform
We hope you enjoy!