The Square Pizza podcast focuses on the intersection of education, innovation, and diversity. We host and interview leaders doing incredible work around the country to ensure all students have access to an equitable education. The Square Pizza podcast is hosted by SchermCo, a social-impact implementation firm that offers strategic implementation and project management services to schools and education-focused organizations across the country.
We are excited to bring you this episode of the #squarepizzapod. This week, Greg is in conversation with good friend and colleague, James Ford, Executive Director at Center for Racial Equity in Education (CREED). One interesting fact about James: While growing up in the Hip-Hop era of the 80s, James was an MC from the age of 13-29.
More topics we covered in this episode:
- The most famous person from Rockford, Illinois
- James preferred career if he wasn’t in education
- New equity-based Social Studies Standards in North Carolina
- Why James doesn’t believe in grades
- The work of CREED and centering minority students & teachers