We are excited to bring you this episode of the #squarepizzapod. This week, Greg is in conversation with good friend and colleague, James Ford, Executive Director at Center for Racial Equity in Education (CREED). One interesting fact about James: While growing up in the Hip-Hop era of the 80s, James was an MC from the age of 13-29.
More topics we covered in this episode:
- The most famous person from Rockford, Illinois
- James preferred career if he wasn’t in education
- New equity-based Social Studies Standards in North Carolina
- Why James doesn’t believe in grades
- The work of CREED and centering minority students & teachers