Associate, Strategic Implementation – SchermCo


We’ve built this FAQ sheet about this position to provide as much clarity as possible about the position, our work, and our organization. Please review this information carefully before applying for this role. Reach out to us with any questions. Direct questions to Lori Schermbeck, Director of Operations: 

How much will I be paid? 

  • The base salary is between $50,000 and $65,000 for this position depending on results, experience, and other factors.
  • We offer individual and team bonuses based on performance goals.
    • Year-end bonuses usually range from 5-15% of a team member’s salary.
    • We love to give out higher bonuses for team members that go above and beyond.
  • The right team member could earn $85,000+ annually, with bonuses and meeting organizational expectations.

What are we good at? 

  • Our Strategic Implementation clients often use the following words or phrases when describing us:
    • Professional
    • Flexible
    • Humorous
    • Accountable
    • Communicative
  • We’ve been operating our Strategic Implementation work since 2014. We are good at building capacity with our partners, helping them implement real strategies and organization development solutions, and supporting growth.
  • We like managing projects well – on time and under budget, while having fun and doing work that matters.

 Where are we working to improve? 

  • Lots! We know there’s always an opportunity to get better. 
  • As it comes to our strategic implementation work: we’re working on the following:
    • Growing Our Team: new teammates require new systems and a shifting of responsibilities. We are actively working to ensure we have clear lines of expectations, responsibilities, and systems for the strategic implementation division 
    • Data and Impact: we have strong results from this work, but we aspire to collect deeper levels of data. This likely includes establishing better systems to collect, analyze, and share impact data from our strategy projects.
    • Business Development: we are growing and adapting our business development process. An ideal candidate will join our team and help us move forward with a tailored business development strategy to continue our growth.

What does a day in the life look like as an Associate of Strategic Implementation at SchermCo?

  • Pro: No two days are the same. 
  • Con: No two days are the same. 
  • In a given week, you’d likely spend 60% of your time meeting with clients and conducting research and work related to each respective project. The remaining 40% of the time will be spent working at our office (a cool coworking spot) knocking out additional tasks and business development responsibilities. 

Why should you not work with our team? 

  • You shouldn’t join our team if you simply want a job. 
  • Yes, it is a job, and we believe in boundaries, but we also believe in working hard and doing whatever it takes to hit our goals and best serve our partners. 
  • You shouldn’t join our team if you aren’t willing to help other teammates. 
    • We have defined roles and responsibilities for each person and department within our organization – but sometimes, we all need help. We appreciate teammates that don’t mind helping other teammates.
  • You shouldn’t join our team if you don’t like to work independently and creatively.
    • We like to help each other (see above), but our best teammates are the ones that can get things done on their own and bring creativity to their work. We like to hire smart, kind people and let them make it happen. 
  • You shouldn’t join our team if you are only willing to work 39.5 hours.
  • Some weeks are light. Others are not. We do everything we can to help our teammates be happy and healthy. We also know building a high-performing organization sometimes requires commitments above 40 hours.

Why should you join our team? 

  • You get fired up at the thought of working alongside nonprofit and for-profit organizations that are both doing good and doing well in the communities they serve.
  • You like setting and exceeding goals. 
  • You want to hustle and develop additional business for the organization.
  • You understand that more money comes from more and better work, as well as being a nice human. 

 What else should you know about us? 

  • We like sports, sports metaphors, and competition. 
  • We believe deeply in equity and anti-racism. 
  • We REALLY like to over-communicate to ensure everyone has clarity and is on the same page. 
  • We like to have fun and work on important challenges every day.
  • We value teammates that are kind, genuine and challenge us all to get better.
  • We value clear, quantitative results in previous professional positions.