Welcome to Schermbeck Consulting.
We are a social impact consulting firm that works alongside education-focused organizations to achieve dramatic results for students. Being our first blog first post, we only feel it’s right to introduce ourselves, our work and the ground rules of our blog.
What exactly does social impact mean?
- We believe results and real impact are critical to education. We also believe in giving back. As a result, we work with each client to dedicate either a percentage of our time or our funds to another local educational organization. That is our definition of social impact.
What do we do?
- We support K-12 schools and education-focused organizations (CMOs, districts, foundations, etc.).
- Our services have been labeled as anything from project management to strategic advising but we aren’t big on jargon. In reality, we help organizations make decisions that will lead to better results for the most important stakeholders: students.
Why do we do it?
- We believe education is America’s most pressing issue.
- We believe every child should have access to a quality education and that every adult is capable of providing that opportunity.
- Our WHY – the thing that gets us up in the morning – is to improve educational outcomes for under-resourced students and communities.
Why Schermbeck Consulting?
- We like to hustle, compete, and deliver results for students – while having a sense of humor along the way.
- Blogs will be rather short (less than 500 words) and focused.
- Blogs will be engaging (we hope).
- Blogs will always have an Action Step(s) for the reader. Reading is great, but action always trumps.
Let’s get to work!